Athenry FC First Team, Teammates 101:
Attacker "Jason Gorham"
1. Funny Guy - Paddy Quinn
2. Hard As Nails - Dec Cullen
3. Fastest Player - Adam Kelleher
4. Best Skills - Colm O'Donovan
5. Best Dancer - No one can
6. Most Grumpy - Dan Cunningham
7. Best Player - Cathal Fahy
8. Worst Trainer - Cathal Fahy
9. Best Trainer - Adam Kelleher
10. Loudest Player - TJ gets very very loud
1. Best Memory at AFC,
The 5-4 comeback against Manulla in the Irish cup pure Istanbul job.
2. Best thing about playing for AFC, Playing with the older experienced lads and playing such a good level of football.
3. Biggest personal achievement to date for AFC, Starting my first senior game against my old club Mervue and beating them in Fahy’s field.
1. Toughest opponent - Mervue Utd
2. Favourite opponent - Galway Hibs
3. Favourite Ground - Fahys Field
4. Least Favourite Ground - Moanbaun when wet
5. Best Player - Cathal Fahy
6. Most Under Rated Player - Ray Moran
7. Best Referee - Marc Lynch
Nominated next "Ray Moran"
#athenry_afc #qanda #banter #justforlaughs #gfa #galway #football
Club Captain Interview:
Striker "Cathal Fahy"
What sports did you play growing up?
Soccer, football, Hurling, golf, Rugby. Anything to get out of the house.
When and why did you choose soccer as your main sport?
Soccer was always my first sport growing up, between all the sports it was the one I enjoyed the most.
In terms of training, what does a typical week consist of?
Training two evenings a week, with a game at the weekend.
What's your strongest asset as a player?
First 3 yards.
What has been your most satisfying achievements in sport and life?
Sport: Representing Ireland at junior level,
Life: Everything I have done up to this date.
What advice would you give to other younger players in terms of trying to balance their career, personal life and training schedules?
If you aren’t enjoying it don’t do it.
Who inspires you in life and sport?
Sport: The lads that do if for the love of the game, for nothing
Life: Everyone that gets up every day and keeps on going.
If time, talent and money were no obstacle, what event or adventure would you most like to take part in?
Climb Mount Everest.
What are your goals for 2020?
Still be here in 2021.