Interview with "Gary Forde"
1. When did you join Athenry FC & when did you finish up?
- I joined from Colga FC in 2009 and left to rejoin Colga in 2019.
2. Who was the biggest influence on you?
- Emmet Byrne was a great leader as captain.
Peter Gilhooley and Tommy Fahy for being great clubmen keeping the place going and for dropping you home in the back of the van after a night out.
3. What did you achieve in your time at the Club?
4x Premier Leagues
3x Connacht Cups
2x Michael Byrnes
4. What are your three most memorable moments with Athenry FC?
- League & Connacht Cup double in 2010.
Beating Mervue in League Play-Off 2018.
Colm O Donovan's end of year celebratory sing songs.
5. What three things did you enjoy most about playing for Athenry FC?
- Kicking lumps out of each other in 5-a-sides in Crowes gym.
Winning trophies nearly every year.
Listening to Spanky.
6. Who was the toughest opponent you ever played against?
- I'd give it to Mervue for all the battles over the years.
7. In all the squads you have been part of can you name the following:
Funny Guy - Spanky
Tough as Nails - Ronan Kinneen
Fastest player - Gary O'Connell
Most Skillful - Colm O'Donovan
Most Grumpy - Stephen Rabbitte
Best Player - Cathal Fahy
8. From all the players you have played with, name your strongest five a side team which includes yourself:
Goalkeeper - Kieran Kilkelly
Defender - Emmett Byrne
Midfielder - Jamie O'Driscoll
Striker - Cathal Fahy
Manager - Slippers
@athenry_afc / #athenry_afc