Interview with "Sean Barrett"
1. When did you join Athenry FC?
- I joined in 2010, still here now.
2. Who has been the biggest influence on you?
- Colin Bane, as a player, a coach and a committee member, an absolute asset to the Club.
3. What have you achieve in your time at the Club?
- Being a member of the committee for nine years.
Being an assistant coach / first aid physio for U18 league winners and winners of the Lillis Cup with the B team in 2017.
4. What are your most memorable moments with Athenry FC?
- The most memorable moments would be winning the U18 league and going the season unbeaten.
Mark Lawless's penalty saves in the Lillis Cup final.
5. What do you enjoy most about Athenry FC?
- What I most enjoy is being part of this great football club. Standing on the sidelines on a Saturday/ Sunday watching Athenry teams, being part of a team win, lose or draw. Also the craic with the lads before and after games.
6. As a player, who did you play for?
- As a youth I was goalkeeper for Welling United for two years won a few cups and medals never really carried that on, wished that I did now, who knows.
7. What would you say are the strengths and weaknesses of the Club?
- Strengths of the club, where to start. Well it all starts with the hard work that all of the committee members do, plus all the effort keeping the Club going behind the scenes. Weaknesses, nothing to say about that.
8. From all the players you have coached at Athenry FC, can you name your strongest 5 a side team:
Goalkeeper - Mark Lawless
Defender - Aaron Leggett
Midfielder - Nathan Healey
Midfielder - Jason Gorham
Striker - Elliott Langan
Manager - Barclay Healey
@athenry_afc / #athenry_afc